So, lets say you’ve made a smart decision and decided to use Capsule moving containers for your local move here in DFW. Now all you need to do it pack, but although some things might seem obvious it’s always good to go over the basics on how to pack before you start. Packing a Truck, and a moving container are fairly the same. The three basics are, heavy stuff on bottom, secure it using straps or packing it in tight, and try to distribute weight evenly.
- Pack up the walls and across the ceiling, like 3-d Tetris.
- Start with the heavy stuff first like dressers at the bottom, then pack up with the lighter weight stuff from there.
- Larger heavy furniture should be placed around the edge of the Capsule container. Try to do distribute the weight equally around the left and right side of the Capsule moving container.
- Stand longer items up tall to take up less floor space and allow for more room on the floor. Packing up, is harder than using more floor space.
- Stack lighter boxes on top. Boxes should be stacked by weight not size. IF using boxes accordingly, smaller boxes hold heavier stuff.
- Do not underestimate using boxes. The help organize and allow things to be stackable.
- Use straps to hold anything down that could fall over or slide. Do not ratchet stuff down to hard, just enough to keep stuff in place.
- If you have got bolts from taking things apart, use baggies, and label them.
- Label boxes.
- Do not be afraid to use different size boxes, they come in handy when wedging stuff into place.
- Load the things you’ll need first at the new place last, and at the doors.
All that seems like common sense, but its good to go over before you start.
There are a lot of benefits to a moving and storage container, but it may not be the best option for everyone. We don’t like to talk ourself out of business, but we have a high customer satisfaction level because we want to make sure we are a good fit.
In order to understand if it’s right for you, let’s look at the primary benefits. Then, we will look at the common misconceptions where a Capsule may not be a good fit vs the alternatives.
Benefits of Moving Containers
- Reduces labor and effort.
- Load at your own apace
- Load at ground level
- Packing one time
- You call when ready to move
- You’re packing so you know where things are at
- Flexibility when things change
- Closings or projects don’t always stay on schedule, don’t get stuck with bad options if things fall through on closing or a contractor doesn’t finish on time.
- You don’t have to drive a large truck
- Cost effective when compared to full service movers
Common misconceptions with moving containers
- Moving all in one day
- If you need the container dropped off in the morning and moved the same day you may be better of renting a truck, or a full-service moving crew. Capsule does not provide same day drop and pick up, this is due to logistics, someone is always waiting on someone else (mover don’t show up on time or you thought it would take 30min to load). No one else does this either, be weary of salespeople in a call center that promise you that.
- Capsule has helped many people move in and out of apartments. However, you want to check on the apartment complex rules regarding them, plan for where you want to put it.
- Second, if you’re in downtown Dallas, and the only parking is a parking garage, there may be no place to drop the capsule, we do not put them on the curb. They must go on your property, or in a parking space.
- 24 hr Access
- If you plan to put the container into our storage, we are happy to give you free access during business hours with 24hrs notice so we can pull it. However, if you plan to make regular stops in and out, a traditional 24hr self-storage facility may be a better option